Information we collect
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, Facebook user id and access token or other details to help you with your experience. We collect information from you when you enter information directly, from third parties (e.g. PayPal, Google Analytics) and automatically from the Shotgun Web website and mobile apps. The information we collect includes but may not be limited to:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet
- The date and time you access our site
- The Internet address of the website you used to link directly to our site.
- IP address
- Facebook profile picture
- Facebook user id and access token
- Profile picture
- Score statistics
- Sports (ie. American Skeet Doubles)
- Locations affiliations
- Shooting events affiliations
- Equipment (ie. shotguns, shells)
- Written content such as reviews, questions, answers, and comments
Your email, password, Facebook user id and access token will never be made public. Information about the way you access the website is for internal analysis and information you enter such as scores, statistics, equipment, written messages, you can choose whether to publish or not. Finally, some information generated automatically such as a time stamp and/or your name for a comment or message is published automatically.
How we use information we collectWe may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Understand and save a user's preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services, such as Google Analytics, that track this information on our behalf.
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled but it won't prevent you from using the site.
Third party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We have enabled Google AdSense on the Shotgun Web site. Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by the Google Advertising Policies. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
California Online Privacy Protection ActAccording to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
- Users are able to change their personal information by logging in to their account
Do not track signals
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Third party behavioral tracking
It's important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair information practicesIn order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 1 business day
- We will notify the users via in site notification within 72 hours
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Privacy Protection LegislationWe collect your email address in order to:
- Send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Market to our mailing list. For this we may share your information with a marketing automation platform, such as Mailchimp.
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
- Collect the minimal amount of personal data from you to deliver our services and/or conduct our transations with you.
- Not process your data unless you are at least 16 years of age.
- Provide a clear way for you to delete your account and all of your data.
- Provide a clear way for you to withdraw consent for Nut Media's LLC processing of your data (you may do so by deleting your account).
- Provide a clear way for you to request a copy of your data in a format that could be processed by another company or service.
Please note that, when you delete your account you will also need to unsubscribe from receiving future emails by following the instructions at the bottom of any Shotgun Web email. Also, if you are a paying member of the Shotgun Web site you will need to unsubscribe from the paid services before deleting your account.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of any email from Shotgun Web.
4363 Sentinel Pl. NW
Kennesaw, GA, 30144